Skip to main content

Thank You. My Dear Teacher.

images
5th September marks the Birthday of the first vice President of our independent country and a widely celebrated teacher.This the only day on which, the modern civilization thanks their teachers, if at all they do, unlike the traditional way, starting the day with the recitation of “Gurur-Brahmaa Gurur-Vissnnur-Gururdevo Maheshvarah”.

India has been celebrating teachers day since 1962 and now it almost feels that Education and Educational Reforms turned to be a widely discussed topic of the times. This is partly due to the initiation of reforms across various other sectors, raising the demand for structural change even in Educational Sector. The cry has gained momentum because Educational system failed to deliver its intended results even after six decades of Independence. One of the most widely heard argument is that the current education system even failed to inculcate minimal ethical values in the society.

I almost dropped the idea of analyzing the issue on a broader scale owing to its complexity. Here we are not to blame only education but many other socio-economic factors that make up this society or civilization, as we call it.

Ethics, as it is defined, Rules of behavior based on ideas about what is morally good and bad. Simply put, indulging in one, the ability to differentiate between good and bad and able to choose one. It can largely be considered as a mixture of disciple, respect , love, care, fear of god etc., to name a few. When we look at a definition of ethics in relation to Education, which states that it is the process of passage of Knowledge, a self-introspection begins from my own Ethical Behavior.

Disciple, if I may give credit, though it is largely a collective effort of my teachers, It would be to my Second-grade class teacher Radhika Mam. Indulging discipline is largely done with the tool like fear but my teacher chooses a simple yet effective way. In the broadest of the terms she said, Discipline makes your life simpler and effective. Her definition doesn’t focus from the point of view of a teacher but from the point of view of a student. It includes one's habit of completing work on regular intervals and at the right time. Being on time, which is must , if you are to be an elite person.

For one to be a successful person or at least try to be one, Motivation is the key. Nirmala Teacher once said us, It is great people who people remember. She further said they turned great only because they believed in a greater good and not reputation and material beings.

When Tommy Joseph Sir, tried to ice break us with heated conversations he is actually preparing us for the larger ice breaks of the life ahead. He has a step ahead vision in Teamwork.

Saleem sir and Vijetha Mam tried to indulge in us the value of morals, encourage us to participate in extracurricular activities. They tried to develop a quick response in us by indulging us in different tasks.

Krishna Kumari teacher, our Telugu teacher never failed to explain us in our own mother language what is the importance of our mother and society and inculcate in us the feel of brotherhood.

Hamid Sir, my Hindi Teacher, he never gave up in his attempts to brush my Hindi skills. When I attained a little bit of success, his eyes rolled with tears.

Selvan sir, He seems is strict in his tasks. He has so disciplined himself which he ought to see in his own students. I was always inspired by his efficiency in maintaining notes and clarity of concepts.
Draupathi Mam, if I have to name a person who is equivalent to my mother, it will be her. The love and care she bestowed on us are unforgettable. Parvathi Devi is never complete without Lord Shiva. The role is played by my Principal, Mr Rajan.

Rajan sir is by far the humblest teacher I have ever seen. He respects even a watchman with the same level of a school correspondent. Down-to-earth. He and his character taught to see humans as humans!

It is widely believed that “Behavioural Traits” are acquired only when you are young and they will be stuck with you without any further enhancements. My primary school teachers have done their best to fill in us the habit of learning – Continuous learning.

In Engineering, there is faculty with their exceptional enthusiasm towards subject like Ashish Sir, Vaibhav Sir who continue to be a motivation for us. Faculty with their dedication towards their department and students – Deepak Kumar Gupta sir and Geeta Mam, whom I will never forget; Even in this trendy world, where the world forgot the meaning of “Ethics” and “Education”

If I don’t force myself to pull this down, I would never end this piece with its very little aim to Thanks my teachers and recollect their very efforts to inculcate “Ethical Values” in an attempt to make us “Better Human Beings”. I have not done complete justice in naming only a few of my educators and mentioning their efforts but I wish to “Thank” each one of them.

Getting to the point that our education system failed to inculcate ethical values in us, claiming it so abruptly will only be an insult to the efforts of our mentors. You with your rational mind are able to judge the difference between good and bad. So it is now our moral and social responsibility to take their legacy forward. No system or legacy turned to be a Golden Sparrow in a single day.

I know, you may not be familiar with my teachers, I only took their names, so that, You take your own and recall their efforts to make you a better person.

Thank you, My dear Teacher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello..."

For ages, there are many stories said about this love. I never actually felt it until, you came. You came into my life, showed me how sweet this feeling is, But before I realized your presence, you left, leaving me in vain! There are many theories on how this love changed over the years, rather ages. Poet Molla, in her version of Ramayana, describes the love story of Lord Rama in a dramatic way. Rama was sent by Dasaratha, along with Vishwamitra, to protect his yajna from Maricha. Having done that successfully, he receives divine knowledge from vishwamitra. He then goes along with viswamitra to sita swayamvar. When Rama enters Janakpur, he walks in between a garden, which is blossoming with flowers of different colours and fragrances. In the midst of this beauty, he saw Sita. They exchanged the looks and felt an instinct divine connection. That is what Molla describes as Love. The relation between Krishna and Rukmini, though many see it as devotion, is love for some. The

What If Google is Hacked?

JP Morgan has been hacked!! US Military has been Hacked!! Ebay… AOL….Adobe…European Central Bank… ….. and Now – Sony Entertainment has been hacked!! Seeing these kind of news these days, a thought flashed into my mind, what happens if Google is hacked and all its services have been shut down?? I searched the query, “What if Google is shutdown” – of course in Google! Somehow most of the search results are related to malfunction of recent Google software releases. I then thought, why don’t I ask the same question, to the one that claims its better than Google – Bing. I don’t know, it somehow misinterpreted my questions and returned results on what to do, if my Gmail account is hacked!! So, yeah, there it is!! That is the first problem we are going to face – Super-Efficient Search Engine. Unlike some, who access their Gmail account in mornings, you will realize that Gmail is also hacked and you cannot access your mail box. If you are in office, Wow! That

It's time to think - Mr. Terrorist!

I have always searched for the purpose of attacks by terrorists or what-so-ever they call themselves. Most of the times, it is their inhuman acts that keep them in lime light. Is it what they want?? To be popular!! They claim, we are spreading the message!! Ironically, the message given by a peaceful preacher reaches us, truly and deeply! How can you support the fact the you are spreading the message with something called violence. How can you forget this simple logic that love and respect can spread a message of God or anything easily than fear!! Revenge!! On whom! Who is the first person who started this? I definitely see a lack of common sense here! So pity on you!! Money!! I guess, this is the most difficult way of earning some. Even if you are earning, are you living a normal life? Don't you realise the place you live is called forest or a dark place for a normal civilian! What?? What else can be the reason?? Prestige . Are you kidding me.... Pre